Blog Credo

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H.L. Mencken

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Teenagers

The GOP prepares to deliver the world a crotch shot.

"Dude, I bet you won't jump off the roof into the pool/eat this habanero/grab the poles of this car battery."

"Dude, I so will jump off the roof into the pool/eat this habanero/grab the poles of this car battery."

"Dude, I don't know.

"Dude, it won't be that bad."

"Maybe jumping off the roof into the pool/eating this habanero/grabbing the poles of this car battery won't hurt."

"I know, right, dude."

"I mean it could be totally awesome."

"Right.  I'm so going to jump off the roof into the pool/eat this habanero/grab the poles of this car battery."

"Go for it, dude."


And that my friends is what the GOP sounds like as they endeavor to talk themselves into defaulting on the full faith and credit of the US government in a few weeks.

No comments: