Blog Credo

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H.L. Mencken

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Is It Ignorance Or Apathy?

I don't know and a I don't care.

So goes the arguments against Obamacare.

I found this quote especially important:
“Change is good, and it may be a real change, but if it was doable, it would have been done by now,” Marina Sokolovsky, a 26-year-old who lacks insurance, told me when I met her late last year at a focus group on the health law. “For how complicated things are, it would be a really big shift to find something functional. I just don’t think that’s possible.”

This is why education is about more than testing scores, imparting knowledge or getting ready for a career.

Look through these and see if you can find what's wrong with the above statement.

I think there are several at play here.

No comments: