Blog Credo

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H.L. Mencken

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Walking Dead Liveblog

OK, here's another problem I have with the Walking Dead universe.  The food issue.  Walkers are stupid, clumsy and slow.  There would be ABUNDANT game: deer, rabbits, squirrels, wild dogs and cats.  Don't believe me?  Try catching one.

***

If they are near DC, they are in the Chesapeake estuary.  There would be freaking water.  Stop throwing up obstacles just because.

Well, at least that was a solid plan for large scale zombie killing.  I'll give them that.

***

And there's the first deer we've seen.  And it's dead.

Oh, and there are the dogs!  Dinner time!

***

Interesting that the people behind "Hot Tub Time Machine 2" think that TWD was a good market for their advertising.

Daryl cries.  I have a hunch that will be a meme by Monday morning.

***

I've been waiting for them to stumble upon someone else.

Naturally they get hit with a sharknado...

I'm not sure I buy Maggie's torment.  I mean at this point...she already thought Beth was dead, then she wasn't, then she was.  I get that that's traumatic.  But really?  After everything else?

Interesting speech by Rick.

***

Carl used to be a bad ass, not he's a babysitter?

I have to say, the production values in this season are pretty high.

Sorry, not a sharknado, but a deadnado.

And that's the pivot.  You had to bring them to real depths before tempting them with a way out.

No comments: