As Ezra Klein succinctly put it, that speech clearly demonstrates why Trump should never be President.
The reason is that Donald Trump clearly suffers from Narcissistic Personality Disorder. That this remote diagnosis could be even questioned at this point is ridiculous. Trump is like a walking exemplar of every aspect of the disorder.
Let's run through the DSM V's definition.
- Having an exaggerated sense of self-importance
- Expecting to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
- Exaggerating your achievements and talents
- Being preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
- Believing that you are superior and can only be understood by or associate with equally special people
- Requiring constant admiration
- Having a sense of entitlement
- Expecting special favors and unquestioning compliance with your expectations
- Taking advantage of others to get what you want
- Having an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
- Being envious of others and believing others envy you
- Behaving in an arrogant or haughty manner