Blog Credo

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H.L. Mencken

Thursday, February 16, 2017

He's A Lunatic

Trump had an unhinged press conference today.  Everyone's talking about it.  It's yuge.

Anyway, here's a graph of word salad from the Orange Palin:

Well, I had nothing to do with it. I have nothing to do with Russia. I told you, I have no deals there, I have no anything. Now, when WikiLeaks, which I had nothing to do with, comes out and happens to give, they're not giving classified information. They're giving stuff -- what was said at an office about Hillary cheating on the debates.
Which, by the way, nobody mentions. Nobody mentions that Hillary received the questions to the debates. Can you imagine -- seriously -- can you imagine if I received the questions? It would be the electric chair. OK, he should be put in the electric -- you would even call for the reinstitution of the death penalty, OK. 

This is remarkable in two ways.  First is his consistent need to re-litigate his campaign with attacks on Clinton.  That's...remarkable.

But I want to focus on his categorical denial of involvement with Russia.  If it's true, OK.  But Trump opens his mouth and lies fly out.  He can't help himself.  He's never been under the sort of scrutiny that a president lives under.  Never.  Not even during the campaign, which was the least transparent in modern times.

The CIA and NSA likely know the extent of Trump's business dealings with Russia.  He just categorically denied any business contacts.  Is he lying?  Who knows.

But if he is, I bet we find out soon.

No comments: