Blog Credo

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H.L. Mencken

Thursday, December 22, 2022

Crazier And Crazier

 The George Santos story just keeps getting weirder and weirder. The "openly gay Republican" is now, perhaps, not even that. (Also, apparently I owe a partial apology to Santos' Democratic opponent. I said, his opponent didn't bother to find out this crap before the election. Evidently, they did, but they couldn't interest the press and never tied all the fabulist bullshit together. My criticism of the media and the NY Democratic Party still stands.)

A lifetime ago, my wife and I worked with a young woman who was a similar compulsive liar. One my groomsmen in my wedding fell for it and nearly had his life destroyed by her architecture of lies. The fact that she was very pretty no doubt helped her, but also, no one really bothers to check this crap out. We trust people not to lie ALL THE TIME. White lies, lies of expediency...sure, we've all fudged and trimmed the truth to our needs at some point. 

Santos is clearly pathological, as Laura Wickberg was. I'm not sure how you even combat it.

UPDATE: Nope, the media - at least the local media - gets a pass, too.

UPDATE 2: Seriously, FUCK THE NY STATE DEMOCRATIC PARTY.

No comments: