Blog Credo

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H.L. Mencken

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Big Man


Whenever I say, "I'm fat." my kids say, "You're not fat, Daddy." And I think, That's sweet of them.

But then I look around and realize that what they see on the streets of America is their frame of reference.  And in that frame of reference I'm just burly.

On a related note, when I say "I'm bald." they say, "You have a little hair."  So it's not like they're just pandering liars.

Oh, yeah, I miss my kids.  Obviously, I miss my wife, but I can actually talk to her on the phone and it makes sense.  Kids are a more tactile, environmental experience.

No comments: