Blog Credo

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H.L. Mencken

Friday, June 7, 2013

Fin

Finished the reading.  It's a relief to be over and out of here.

Louisville is full of reflected surfaces.  I don't need to see myself this much...

UPDATE: As I've said, I dunno, every post since I've gotten here, this reading in particular sucked.  But tonight I went out with some really good guys I've known for a few years and the one cool guy from my table and watched a phenomenal US soccer game.  They had the lead, gave it up on sloppy play in the 89th minute and then won it in stoppage time.  Sublime.  We were singing God Bless America and America the Beautiful at the top of our lungs.

I really needed that.

No comments: