Blog Credo

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H.L. Mencken

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Tough To Argue With This

http://www.vox.com/2014/11/1/7136343/gamergate-and-the-politicization-of-absolutely-everything

As we become more polarized politically, everything will become politically polarized.

I always hated PC speech codes, but I'm finding myself more tolerant of them as they become part of my political tribe's shibboleths.  As much as I care about economic issues from the left, I've found myself caring about certain gender and sexual orientation issues more than I ever thought I would.

In 1860, the issue was sectional and so secession was possible.

How do you secede from your neighbor?

No comments: