Blog Credo

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H.L. Mencken

Sunday, March 26, 2023

And I'm Back

 Spent a lovely week plus with my eldest son in Ireland. The people are lovely, the landscape beautiful, the food...well the Guinness is good. We got to see Ireland win the Six Nations Rugby championship in a crowded pub in Dublin, my son was a good sport through many museums, saw the Donegal coast, the Giant's Causeway and held a one hour old baby lamb. Good times.

What did I miss?

Apparently the Ron DeSantis Train had a Palestine, OH moment. The fact that he's a charmless asshole (as opposed to Trump who had a weird charm to being an asshole in 2016) might have something to do with it.

Trump hasn't been indicted yet, but he seems to want to add "threatening violence against a DA" to the list of charges.

I dunno.

Maybe I'll go back to Ireland. I don't mind the rain.

No comments: