Blog Credo

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H.L. Mencken

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day Menu

Yay, Moms!

Tonight, I made dinner for the Most Beneficent, Understanding and Supportive Mother Ever.  It was not because I was too cheap to get her a really nice gift.  It's because I couldn't think of anything else to give her.  I can't give her what she deserves, so I can only give her what I can.

Herewith:

We had a skirt steak with what I can only describe as a Middle Eastern spice rub (cumin, cardamon, salt and pepper, ground clove) and then served with an OK chimichurri (frankly, I've made better, this one was a little vinegary.)

We had roasted sweet potatoes with a lime-cilantro dressing and a nice quinoa salad she picked up at Wholy Crap This Foods Is Expensive.  Paired it with a nice Russian River Pinot Noir.

Thing One and Thing Two mostly behaved at the brunch with Her Radiancy's parent.  All in all, a good day.

No comments: