Blog Credo

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H.L. Mencken

Monday, March 12, 2012

Vacation, All I Ever Wanted

Spent my first morning on real vacation (no school work, no kids) doing chore stuff.  Primed the front hallway to finally cover over some water stains from the previous winter.  Fixed the wheel barrow.  Turned a tequila bottle into a lamp.  Submitted Flex Plan reimbursements.  Cut some more firewood from the downed limbs from the October blizzard.

Of course that last bit is the chore that never ends, because I have a battery operated chainsaw and I can only make a few cuts before the batteries die.  Still, last night I got to sit outside at the firepit we stole found and read David Foster Wallace by a crackling fire.

Frankly, politics has become boring at the moment so until someone in the GOP says something stupid or outrageous, I'm out until they do.

Probably about a half an hour or so.

No comments: