Blog Credo

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H.L. Mencken

Monday, December 20, 2021

Rigorous Logic

 Paul Campos lays out the very logical rationale for calling the GOP a death cult. I went walking through America's Saddest Mall in Waterbury, CT yesterday, and I tried keeping a tally of who was wearing masks and who wasn't. I'd say about 60% of people were masked and maybe 5% more were wearing masks as props (around their chins). I've seen a surprising number of elderly people unmasked, which leads me to believe that people have simply given up trying to protect themselves and others.

So, the GOP being a death cult is not - as one would hope - electoral poison. People (and this antipathy is not unique to the United States) are simply too shortsighted to make a month's worth of mild sacrifice to keep people alive.

No comments: