Blog Credo

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H.L. Mencken

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Well, THAT Was Refreshing!

So, the Most Exalted and Splendiferous Woman Alive and I spent a long weekend together in San Francisco, partly at the hosting of her sister and husband.  We ate (too) well, drank (too) well and did all this without either Thing One and Thing Two and the internet.

Oh, sure, I used the iPhone to check sports scores, headlines and email, but that's different from the incredible hooked-in-edness that defines much of my life.  It was nice not hearing the latest breathless development from Reactor Three or Libya.  It was nice not keeping score of what idiocy happened somewhere that I was obligated to feel outraged about.

And it was also a little nice not to have to keep score with which Thing had done what to the other Thing.

Ignorance is indeed blissful.

As a way of sharing my bliss with you, gentle reader, I offer you this, which made me cry laughing.

No comments: