Blog Credo

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H.L. Mencken

Friday, June 1, 2012

Back In The South

Beside the pasty, slightly overweight AP graders... OK, that's me, I admit it... there are two groups of people at the Galt House.

First are the Southern Belle Wannabes.  They are usually a wee bit on the plump side with gobs of makeup and hair so brittle you fear a stiff wind would render them bald.

Then, we are apparently sharing the hotel with AME Zion convention.  So every time we get on the elevators there are all these African American church ladies in their Sunday fine.

If the elevator plummets to the ground, killing us all, I hope I'm with the bachelorette party, because I don't think I could stand the competition at St. Peter's gate with the church ladies.

No comments: