Blog Credo

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H.L. Mencken

Sunday, June 24, 2012

JFK

I was stuck behind this guy for an hour.

I drove around JFK yesterday.  I had to go down and pick up some students for the Summer School and they were staggered going through customs.  So I had to make several loops around Terminal Three.

Whoever created the traffic structure of JFK is either an idiot or a sadist.

At some point, airports are going to have to accommodate the post-9/11 "you can't park near an airport" mentality. JFK has a cellphone lot, which is nice - Bradley doesn't - but once you get out of the cell phone lot, you're screwed.

I realize that NYC isn't really built for cars, but there must be someone who can point out that it's almost literally torture to drive there.  And eventually airlines and airports are going to have to change their layouts to cope with the new world of airline security.

It's why I drive whenever I can.

It's also why I hate bin Laden and am glad he was shot in the face.

No comments: