Blog Credo

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H.L. Mencken

Friday, June 8, 2012

Home

Nice to be back.  The Hound of the Basketcase was probably most delighted to see me.

I have a searing pain in my right shoulder from both the reading and the drive home.  I have and will have intermittent heartburn for weeks if I sit for more than 30 minutes.  My fat makes my stomach look fat.

Four or so days and then it's off to Colorado for river rafting.  One thing I learned from the reading was to love the disconnect from the daily hurlyburly of politics.  History often provides perspective, I just didn't know reading (bad) history exams could do the same.

No comments: