Blog Credo

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H.L. Mencken

Friday, December 14, 2012

As Is


Long term readers know that Thing One has his share of issues.  School is not easy because of various difficulties that make school not easy, which make the difficulties worse, which makes school harder.  It's a crappy cycle.

Today, I went to pick him up with Thing Two.  There were a lot more parents there than usual, as you might guess, seeing as we're just a few minutes from Newtown.

Thing Two and I waited in the cold until they released the kids.

As he shuffled towards me, that sheepish look on his face that he gives me, because he knows I'm going to ask him how his day went, because his days often go poorly... as he shuffled towards me and into my arms, I couldn't help but think....

What a perfect kid.

No comments: