Blog Credo

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H.L. Mencken

Thursday, October 5, 2017

Heh, Indeedy

Cam Newton is an interesting fella, ain't he?  A supremely talented and hard working athlete, Newton has gotten himself into trouble, because he giggled at a female reporter asking him a question about his WR's routes.

Sally Jenkins at WaPo writes a brilliant response including this nugget:

Tell you what: If Cam Newton will show me what a hitch and a slant are, I will show him how to take questions after a loss without pouting.

Newton is no paragon of personal virtue.  He's a bit of a prima donna, though I admit my bias against him as a Falcons' fan is palpable.  I can summon up some microwaved hatred of Drew Brees if you need me to, and Drew Brees is both a really nice guy and a Hall of Famer.  Jenkins continues to dig the knife in:

My list of questions for Cam Newton only begins with what a dig route is, and what is a post. There are so many, many things I need him to explain to me. Such as:
How can you overthrow multiple 6-foot-5 receivers?
When you throw the thing to the whatchamacallit, and the other team catches it instead, does that make you feel sad?
Please tell me more about how to balance academics and athletics at Auburn University?
Is there a good fence for stolen goods in Gainesville, Fla.?
Can you come over and kill a spider for me?

I mean....damn.

No comments: