Blog Credo

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H.L. Mencken

Thursday, October 19, 2017

Scary Or Comforting?

When I first heard that your consciousness survives briefly after death, my first thought was "How long?"  I mean, when I'm gone, I'd really prefer to be gone.  If it's just a few moments after you die  -you can hear things, even if your pupils no longer dilate - then...OK.  I'd just prefer to be gone when they start the cremation.

But if consciousness survives brain function, that would seem to suggest that brain function and consciousness aren't actually completely correlated. 

Did scientists just discover the soul?

No comments: