Blog Credo

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H.L. Mencken

Friday, January 8, 2021

Impeachment

 At some point, we need to impeach Trump so he can't run in 2024. Part of me wants to see him run again in '24 and get spanked even worse without the trappings of office and perhaps facing active court proceedings. I do worry that our legal system has proven problematic in prosecuting the rich and powerful though and the last thing I want is to roll the dice again in 2024 as to whether we become a dictatorship.

So I applaud Pelosi's agreeing with her members to advance this. If nothing else, it could put Trump in check as he awaits the Senate trial. 

By my count, we have 52 votes, with Romney and Murkowski seemingly on board. Frankly, I could see McConnell stepping up on this to get some Beltway plaudits.

Apparently the 25th Amendment will fail. This has to happen.

No comments: