Blog Credo

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H.L. Mencken

Monday, August 1, 2011

Idiocy For The Win



Well,  we might just avoid default.

We shall do it by passing a terrible law that guys important programs in the middle of a recession.  We shall likely make the recession worse.

What I don't understand is how Obama is going to run against these cuts.  I think he has to, if he's going to win over the voters who are going to get screwed by this.  I also don't understand how we are going to stimulate the economy back into positive growth without federal intervention.

I'm not angry because the GOP "won".  I'm angry because sane economic policy lost.

Of course, the House will probably reject it since it doesn't outlaw abortion or require Obama to carry his birth certificate with him at all times, so whatever.

No comments: