Blog Credo

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H.L. Mencken

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

One More Year...

This is what Joe Lieberman eats for lunch.

I return from my root canal to find the real pain: Lieberman is at it again.

The Senate is trying to vote on the jobs bill and the usual dickweeds that make up the Blue Dog coalition are throwing a hissy fit because... No, I don't know why?  The Jobs Bill is popular.  It's really, really popular.  It allows for a coherent Democratic message.  And it won't pass the House, so it won't be like the Stimulus Bill where you have to prove a negative (ie, if we passed a Jobs Bill why am I still unemployed?).

Tester's a real disappointment, but I would guess unemployment isn't that high in Montana, basing my answer entirely on the Dakotas.  Nelson is no surprise and Manchin is an idiot.

But Lieberman...  I got a long letter from Lieberman "explaining" his position.  I read it cursorily, but it basically can be translated into, "I'm about to become a lobbyist for large financial concerns, so I'm going to be a deficit peacock and not give a shit about the unemployed people of Connecticut.  Because the only thing worse than unemployment is borrowing money at ridiculously low rates."

Anyway, next fall we get to vote this odious, self-serving, self-righteous jerkweed into the oblivion he so richly deserves.

And maybe replace him with someone decent.

No comments: