Blog Credo

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H.L. Mencken

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Infrastructure

Part of my summer employment is running a shuttle bus for teacher's taking a workshop at our school.  I have to make two runs on Sunday to Meriden to pick up attendees at a hotel there, where the shuttle from the airport drops them off.

To do this, I have to drive down I84.  The section of I84 east of Waterbury has three nasty old bridges that can only accommodate two lanes in either direction.  So traffic funnels from three and four lanes to two.

Instant traffic jam.

This has been a problem for years.  Everyone knows about it, but it never gets fixed.   Because we need tax cuts for billionaires and farm subsidies for a bunch of hayseeds flying Gadsden flags over their barns.

No comments: