Blog Credo

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H.L. Mencken

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Sincerest Condolences


I link to Balloon Juice a lot.  John Cole runs a great blog and is a great story of a guy who yielded to evidence over Iraq.  Today he lost his cat to a horrible attack by his sister's dog.

I don't know Cole.  I've never exchanged emails with him.  He doesn't know me from boo.

But my heart breaks for him.

The internet is a time-sucking waste of life.  It's a constant drain on our time and resources, but it also lets us get to know people and share tiny parts of their lives.

With that in mind, and in memory of Tunch, let me offer a great anecdote to all the misery uncorked in West Virginia and Florida tonight:

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/9454322/why-stayed

No comments: