Blog Credo

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H.L. Mencken

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Sooner Than I Thought

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/25-killed-in-kiev-clashes

I thought Yanukovych would wait until after the Olympics to start killing people.  And what's odd is that he apparently got pressure to do so from Putin.

Maybe Putin is worried that the men's hockey team will lose and he's already looking for a distraction.  I'm actually serious.  Within Russia, the success of these games is about the hockey team.

I've become more and more tolerant of the idea of secession, and think it could be a viable solution in Ukraine.  In fact, if Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana want to give it another go, I won't squawk.

No comments: