Blog Credo

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H.L. Mencken

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Little, Little Men

Josh Marshall nails it.  Again.  I overheard Sean Spicer from the other room, and I thought: "Has any other press secretary EVER spoken this way?"  I assumed they were interviewing some schlub on the street.

I'm agnostic on marches, frankly.  I prefer organizing, though I appreciate Martin Longman's take on the intersection between the two.

In Trumpistan, however, marches might be just the thing.  Trump is clearly, manifestly suffering from Narcissistic Personality Disorder.  The people around him are enablers.  Massive protest marches drive him absolutely freaking nuts.  I realize that it's not always a great idea to drive a man with the nuclear codes nuts, but in this case, I will make an exception.

Every day.  Every day, it needs to be repeated: this man is not normal.

No comments: