Blog Credo

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H.L. Mencken

Friday, January 13, 2017

This Is Why I Hate The Left

This is so stupid.  Jon Chait made a point about branding or labeling the protest march next Saturday "The Women's March."  He's right.  Unless you're intimately involved in the march, it would seem to preclude male involvement.  I can't attend, but even if I could, I'm not sure I feel like the march was intended for me. I mean, it's not intended for me.  It's intended for me, only to the degree with which I can express solidarity with the march's goals.  I do, so I would go (if I could).

But most people who will hear about this march don't give a shit that the march is intended to be inclusive.  They don't know that it's for everyone.  All they will hear is the title.  The title suggests that only women oppose Donald Trump.  This is of course absurd.

Chait makes a reasonable point that if you want to make the point that a vast majority of Americans disapprove of the Trump presidency, you want to label it as such.  But he's an easy and frequent punching bag for the Left, so there you have it.

No comments: