Blog Credo

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H.L. Mencken

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Holy crap


So I peeked over at the stats page of the blog... The one that tells me no one actually reads it.

I had a few hits off the WikiLeaks thing, mostly from Balloon Juice, so that was nice and apparently the way to get readers who are not related to me by blood or marriage.

But what was amazing is that someone came here from China.  First of all, I'm very disappointed that I am not censored in China.  I am insulted, frankly, and I hope that in the future, China will see fit to ban my rants about Obama's tendency to negotiate poorly and how the GOP stinks.  OK, actually, I see why I am not banned in China.

I also had a reader stop by from Australia.  That's also very cool.  Unless it's Julian Assange's mom.  Sorry for calling your son an anarcissist, Mrs. Assange, but c'mon... You know I'm right.

I wonder how these readers found their way here.  I'm guessing either they clicked through from another site where I comment or they googled "zombies" and my site was the 13246th site and they wondered what was up with that.  There are 1.2 billion people in China, so it's plausible at least one of them stumbled here looking for a bootleg copy of Shaun of the Dead.  Anyway, I reckon I'll have to post more zombie related material, in case someone comes along looking for it.

Also, too, because it's the holidays...

No comments: