Blog Credo

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H.L. Mencken

Thursday, December 9, 2010

I Have a Wee Crush on Gail Collins

That's Amore!
Some people love reading Maureen Dowd because she's "witty".  I think they mean "snarky", but don't know what snarky means.  I find Dowd to be the worst sort of columnist, because she's inevitably in love with her own voice and really does not seem to believe in much of anything.

But I do like Gail Collins.  She manages to be clever and have a consistent point of view (unlike say, Susan Collins).  I know what she believes and I find her observations rather astute, even when bathed in snark sauce.  What else do I like about her?

First of all, she wrote a column about zombies.

And today, she encapsulates fully what this political moment is about.  Click through and read her if you haven't already: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/09/opinion/09collins.html?_r=1&hp

No comments: