Blog Credo

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H.L. Mencken

Saturday, June 11, 2011

I Called It!

Replace Barbour with Perry and he advances to the Irate Eight.


http://dailycaller.com/2011/06/09/sources-rick-perry-is-running/

So, I predicted Rick Perry would get into the race.  Although to be fair, I called him Mark Perry several times, so it's not like I'm a super-genius.

I also said he would win the nomination.  He's conservative enough - dude threatened seceding over HCR - and has that good Republican hair.  Sorry, I meant to say charisma, but have you noticed that the "charismatic" Republicans are always the ones with the best hair?

I think he has just the track record to appeal to GOP voters and lose to Obama.  But that's just me.

No comments: