Blog Credo

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H.L. Mencken

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Weiner's Weiner

So sue me.

I don't care.  I really don't care.

I don't care that Chris Lee made an idiot of himself on CraigsList.  I don't care that Bill Clinton screwed around.  I don't care about philandering.

To clarify:  I DO care about underage trolling like Mark Foley.  I DO care about using campaign funds to cover up an affair like John Edwards.  I sure as hell care about scumbag rapists like the IMF guy.

But unless you are actively selling yourself as someone with "traditional family values" and as someone who should be elected primarily BECAUSE you are a good family man, I really couldn't care less.

America needs therapy.  Our ideas about sex are so conflicted that as a nation we are pathological.

No comments: