Blog Credo

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H.L. Mencken

Friday, August 20, 2021

A Personal Note

 I have been in Massachusetts General Hospital since last Thursday with acute Covid pneumonia. I was released today and am on my way back to Nantucket (and apparently a hurricane). After checking into Nantucket Hospital on August 5th, I was treated for Covid - they thought successfully - and released two days later. By August 11th I was struggling to breathe. 

Basically, while they had most likely stopped my viral infection with Remdesivir, my lungs were terribly inflamed to the point where they couldn't recover on their own. Friday morning in Mass General, I kind of crashed, or at least my oxygen saturation rate did. I felt fine, actually. But they threw the whole toolbox at me. Again, I responded well to treatment and am headed home.

I was vaxxed. I was treated. I still got worse.

Delta is no fucking joke.

Getting vaxxed saved my life. I'm convinced of it. 

No comments: