Blog Credo

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H.L. Mencken

Monday, August 9, 2021

Despondent

 Part of having Covid can be mood changes, and maybe that's what I'm going through right now.

On the other hand, I'm starting to wonder how we work our way free from the two greatest problems we face right now: this fucking pandemic and climate change. I do think Biden has made some laudable movements to "green up" our energy, but it feels like everything is spinning out of control.

I'm normally fairly optimistic about various trends and crises. I never thought Trump could hold on to power, for instance. But these are different - massive events that don't correct easily. 

Right now, I can't walk up stairs without getting winded, and I'm supposed to get ready for a school year? Most likely with masks again? 

I just want to slink into a hole.

No comments: