Blog Credo

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H.L. Mencken

Wednesday, August 11, 2021

This Is A Weird Piece

 Vox did a very small "study" on people with breakthrough infections. They point out - accurately - that those of this with these infections are understudied and poorly understood. One thing they say is that people with this infections feel guilty. And maybe the dozen or so people they interviewed do feel guilty. Feeling are weird.

I don't feel guilty. I feel hopeless. 

When you mask for a year, then get your vaccine, and everything seems to have turned for the better...and THEN you get sick, you feel hopeless. Right now, I'm still struggling to catch my breath and I just don't know when that will get better. It just happened, even with the Pfizer vaccine to protect me. I don't feel guilty, because I didn't do anything wrong.

No comments: