Blog Credo

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H.L. Mencken

Friday, May 20, 2011

Happy Rapture Day

Which way are you headed?

Soooooo, I guess I shouldn't have worried about the GOP idiots and the debt ceiling.  Turns out tomorrow is the Rapture, so Ollie-Ollie-Oxen-Free.

As a semi-regular church goer, I might have a chance at ascending to heaven as Gabriel's trumpet sounds, but I'm an Episcopalian so probably not.

Anyway, I couldn't leave the Most Splendid and Radiant Wife, Thing One and Thing Two (and even the Hound of the Basketcase).  That would be hell.

So I guess I'm stuck here.

Still, I kind of hope some sort of Rapture happens anyway.  Any chance to get rid of those religious busy bodies is OK by me.  I always sort of thought Christ was telling us how to live better lives here rather than giving us the password to a better life somewhere else.

Maybe that's why I won't be joining the pious tomorrow.

That's OK, I have two soccer games, a class and a night out with friends.  So tomorrow wouldn't have worked for me anyway.

UPDATE:  Bin Laden still dead.  People still unraptured.

No comments: