Blog Credo

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H.L. Mencken

Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Day Of Rest

Need a shoulder pillow...

Yesterday's snow left me with a surprise afternoon off as our wrestling quad was called off.  I collapsed into a too-long nap.  Thing One blindsided me at my practice on Friday and I now have shooting pains down my left arm.  I'm SO glad he's taken up wrestling because it's really important that he learn the more refined applications of violence.

Anyway, I will now spend Sunday at his wrestling tournament, which - at least - offers the comic relief of young wrestlers rolling around the mat without much sense of what they are doing.  I am known as Crazy Coach by the varsity, but for JV matches I'm pretty sedate.  Let's hope I can maintain my sedateness during Thing One's matches.  His Stunning and Dedicated Supermom cannot.  She's a mess when he wrestles.

Anyway, not sure when those 24 Comp Gov tests or 22 AP US tests will get graded.

And on the seventh day he rested did more stuff.

(I'm not sure that there is much more to say about South Carolina.  It's as much Newt's backyard as New Hampshire was Mittens.  All I'm rooting for is Newt to keep landing haymakers on Mitt's glass jaw for another month and a half.)

No comments: