Blog Credo

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H.L. Mencken

Monday, February 28, 2011

Let It Bleed

I'm off to give blood.  I wish I could say I was doing this in solidarity with Libya Wisconsin Bahrain the Armed Forces  New Zealand quake victims Haitians pretty much any time Melissa Leo Thing Two who got a bloody nose at his birfday party the Irish.

But no, it's just time for my biennial bleeding.

The Hound of the Basketcase ran off as I was trying to get her home, so I couldn't work out.  And I'm such a big, delicate flower that I can't work out for at least three days after I give blood without getting woozy.

So... Yay!

But on the other hand, we all have to suffer the occasional prick from time to time, but when you do it this way, you get to save a life.

You can schedule your bleeding by calling 1-800-GIVE-LIFE.  Which doesn't add up to seven digits, which means the Red Cross sucks at math.

UPDATE: I am an excellent bleeder.  Everyone at the VFW said so.

No comments: