Blog Credo

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H.L. Mencken

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Live Blogging 3.0

11:05 John Oliver is punking Wolf Blizter.

11:09 Long way to go, but marriage equality is winning in Maine, Maryland and Minnesota.  Yay, equality!

11:14 Obama wins a second term.  Suck on that, Mitch McConnell.

11:20 Speaking of which:
Mitch McConnell vows to make Barack Obama a two-term president.
— @dceiver via TweetDeck

11:22 I've got the Electoral College at 290-219 with two states (FL/VA) still to come.

11:29 Killed a bottle of chardonnay.  Not sure how that happened.  Glad I don't have the 7:30 carpool.

11:33 Nate Silver is a god walking among men, by the way.

11:39 MLB Trade Rumors just popped into my Twitter feed #inappropriate

11:41 Medical marijuana legalized in Massachusetts.  All of my students just developed glaucoma.

11:50 My 332 prediction is looking Boss right now.  I am awesome.

11:52 Donald Trump wants a revolution.  Does that mean I can shoot him now?

11:54 Karl Rove is apparently going Mortimer Duke on Fox.  "Turn these machines back on!"

11:56 Chris Matthews schools me in history (tough to take).  If Obama wins 50% of the popular vote, he will become the second Democrat since the Civil War to win two elections at 50% of the popular vote.  # Democrat Reagan

11:59 Rachel Maddow is making me wish I was a lesbian.  She's calling out the GOP for their wholesale rejection of objective fact.

12:09 Marriage Equality and legalized pot winning on the ballot.  Times do change don't they.

12:18  Getting sleeeeeeeepy.  I assume I will wake up tomorrow and Romney will have won with 206 electoral votes and while Obama will be inaugurated he should probably defer to Mitt Romney's judgment.

12:25 This is great:
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/2012/11/for_the_ages_4.php?ref=fpblg

12:31 Rove/Romney still holding out.  Despite the fact that if Nevada and Colorado went for Obama (which they did) the election is still over.

Going to bed.

No comments: