Blog Credo

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H.L. Mencken

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Not Bad

Looks like I got the Electoral College, but missed the Nevada Senate.  And in the House controlling the redistricting means controlling the composition of the House.  More on that later perhaps.

Great night for LGBT rights and pot heads.  Bad night for rape.

Now it comes down to the House of Representatives.  Will they be arsonists again?  Or will they try and govern?

I am definitely getting sick.  Runny nose, pounding headache.

But that's OK if it's a pre-existing condition now.

UPDATE: So I called NV and ND wrong, as things stand now.  If Tester and Heitkamp win, I will have gotten the number of Dems in the Senate right while messing up which states will send them there.  My number show a Dem pick-up of five seats in the House, I predicted 5-10 and there are a few seats still to be decided.

I may have actually outpredicted Nate Silver on the Senate races.

UPDATE 2: Tester wins.  Suck on it, Silver!  Who's a wizard now?

No comments: