Blog Credo

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H.L. Mencken

Thursday, March 1, 2012

"He's In A Better World. And So Are We."

Andrew Breitbart, lying self-promoter, is dead.  Rage really is toxic I guess.  He's two years younger than me.  That doesn't strike me as "natural causes".

Also, too, the Senate voted down the Blunt Amendment 51-48.  By my math that means someone didn't vote.  Usually that's the Majority Leader.  If so, that means one Democrat crossed party lines.

Lieberman?  Manchin?  Nelson?

And what about "principled moderates" Snowe, Collins and Brown on the GOP side?  I guess not.

UPDATE:  Manchin, Nelson and Casey.  I forgot about Casey on this issue.  Snowe did cross the aisle.  It will be somewhat interesting to see her freed from the need to protect her right flank from the Tea Party over the next 9 months.

No comments: