Blog Credo

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H.L. Mencken

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Told You So


While I no longer believe that Newt was behind the Hermanator Sexy Time Scandal, I still believe he stands the most to gain.

Apparently, I now have data to support my point:
http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/11/pollster-potential-cain-downfall-could-helpnewt.php?ref=fpblg

Yay, data!

What's more, I am increasingly convinced that Governor Drunkypoo is behind the hit job on Cain.  Again, I refer to the Alex Castellanos quote about Perry's campaign "making your TV bleed and beg for mercy".

So, we have Mittens - who nobody likes - and the category five Hermancain - who is being downgraded to a tropical depression - and Perry - on the rocks.  If Perry scorches the earth between now and Iowa - and the GOP knows that he is the one violating Reagan's 11th commandment - then Gingrich almost becomes the default candidate.

Which, as a Democrat and an Obama supporter, I couldn't be happier about.

UPDATE: What about Romney?  I think this speaks to his problem.

No comments: