Blog Credo

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H.L. Mencken

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Is Anyone Really Surprised?

There should be a sheriff in this picture.

Well, we have this story about the hardline anti-immigration sheriff in Arizona who was threatening to deport his illegal immigrant lover if he said anything about him being, you know... gay.

What I found interesting is the defense this particular hypocrite came up with.

"Oh, I'm GAY!  I just didn't sleep with a MEXICAN!"

I guess we are starting to shake out the Hate Hierarchy.  I mean, let's face it, when Darth Cheney starts advocating for gays (or maybe just lesbians) to get married, it's clear the Hate Caravan has moved on to another town.

No comments: