Blog Credo

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H.L. Mencken

Monday, February 13, 2012

New About Me

I'm incorrigible.

So, I think I scored another Valentine's Day dinner triumph.

I made this:
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Stout-Braised-Short-Ribs-231653

When in doubt I go short ribs.  Wife loves them and they're good on Valentine's Day because it's cold outside.  Although not so much this year.  Also, I put it on a bed of really good couscous.  I know that you're wondering what really good couscous is or whether something like that exists.  It does.  Trust me.  It does.

Also, I was asked by the "head boy" at the school - he's also one of the editors of the school paper - to write about the upcoming election.  So I dutifully churn out 1500 words on why R-Money will lose to Obama in November.  And then Santorum has to go and snatch the lead.  I was able to add a sentence about how a Santorum nod would mean most of everything I wrote was now moot.

Of course, if it's Obama versus Santorum, I think Obama wins in a landslide.  I can't imagine more than 40% of American women want Rick Santorum inspecting their lady parts for signs of recreational use.

The young man wanted to write about my blog, but decided he didn't want to get me fired.

My wife, my mortgage company and I applaud him for that decision.

No comments: