Blog Credo

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H.L. Mencken

Monday, February 27, 2012

Programming Notes


I've decided to skip Walking Dead liveblogging since no one gives a damn, and it probably interferes with my enjoyment of the show.

Very good episode, by the way.  Shane and Rick finally come to a head.  More divisions on the farm.  Lots of actual walkers.  I especially liked the image of the lone walker shambling through the field.  Mournful and ominous at the same time.

Apparently there was an awards show of some type last night.  I can remember when I saw just about every movie that came down the pipe.  Now days I barely see any, at least at the theater.  Usually it's just kid's movies.  I find when I make the time to actually watch movies on DVD, I really do like and appreciate the higher level of craft involved with film over TV.

But for most of the year, I just don't have two straight hours worth of focus at night to watch a movie.  I've had Win Win sitting on top of my TV for weeks.  I'll probably love it when I get around to seeing it.

Ten days away from break.  Maybe then.

No comments: