Blog Credo

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H.L. Mencken

Friday, February 24, 2012

Kind Of A Crazy Day


At 0 dawn 30 this AM, we got a call from the board of ed that schools would be on a 90 minute delay.  They then called back and said, "Psych!  Schools are closed today!"  This is very strange, because despite getting a couple of inches of snow, it's pretty mild and melty and the roads are clear.

So Things One and Two are having a day of complete goofing off.

I had (foolishly) volunteered to guest teach a class on film, so they've been completely in Lord of the Flies mode for hours now.

The good news is that a Cub Scout cabin camping trip/parental abuse session has been cancelled for the weekend.  So I won't have to spend the next week trying to make up for a lost night of sleep.

I think two things made me crabby as hell the other week: lack of sleep and my efforts at dieting.  I'm back to taking naps and I've been sneaking bits of My Most Glorious Wife and World's Best Cook's Tres Leches cake, which is so good, I get endorphin rushes when I eat it.

I'm back to regular levels of grumpiness and misanthropy, which is plenty.

No comments: